“When I first became a makeup artist, I had no idea or clue on how to groom, shape or apply makeup products on my own eyebrows yet alone on a client. Now it’s one of my favorite areas to enhance on clients and myself. I learned early on as I began going thru makeup artistry training that…
“EYEBROWS ARE SISTERS, NOT TWINS” this statement alone has been my guide throughout the years as an artist when it comes to my own
brows as well as when I’m enhancing and teaching clients about their brows.”- Deja, MUA
“My Favorite Eyebrow Tips, Tricks & Products”
1. Don’t Change The Shape Too Much: A few years back it was all about having very thin eyebrows, but now it’s all about keeping the natural shape, which makes this easier. Follow your natural shape as closely as possible, starting with where your eyebrow should begin, arch and end. I use the method below on myself and clients.
2. Don’t Pluck Too Much Hair: Did you know that eyebrow hairs will stop growing back if you keep over-plucking? Make sure to go slow and take your time as you contour and shape.
3. Eyebrows for Square Faces: If you have a square face, your goal is to soften the face with a softly rounded brow. Since a square face already has strong angled features, make sure to avoid angular and seriously rounded brow shapes.
4. Eyebrows for Round Faces: With a round face shape, your goal is to define bone structure with an angular brow and a higher arch.
5. Long Face Shape: Play up your horizontal features with a brow that extends past the corner of your eyes.
6. Heart Face Shape: Balance a smaller chin and jawline with well manicured and groomed brows. To groom brows precisely on your own, trace the outline of your desired brow shape with a white liner pencil, then only pluck strays that fall outside the line.
7. Oval Face Shape: If you have an oval face, you can get away with just about any brow shape, but a slightly arched, balanced brow is a classically beautiful look.
8. Don’t Aim For Symmetry: One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to try to make each brow exactly the same. Each of them is different, so look at them individually at first, then step back and look at your whole face and adjust as necessary. Remember, “Eyebrows are sisters not twins”
9. Close to the Nose: This is a great trick if you want a thinner looking nose! The closer you get to your nose on the inner corner is best, but, of course, you don’t want to end up with a unibrow.
10. Think Vertical: Nudge your eyebrows upward with a comb to instantly give them a fuller look.
11. Apply Primer: Lots of people skip this step, but it will help keep your brows from slipping off your face. It’s also really important if you have oily skin or rely on a lot of filler.
12. Fill in Your Brows: Use an eyebrow pencil to fill in your brows with a shade lighter than their natural color. This will create a shadow under the hair. After filling them in, brush the brows to blend and soften, being certain to follow the direction of the hairs for the most natural finish.
What I use and Recommend: Younique’s Precision Brow Liner
What makes this Precision Brow Liner my favorite for myself and my clients?
Besides being long-wearing, smudge-proof, water-proof and having a special Spoolie on the end for blending and shaping, It’s all natural and formulated without any gluten, soy, fragrance, parabens, late, sulfates, PABA, nano particles and paraffins. It’s design of having a 1.7mm diameter lead perfectly mimics brow hair for natural effect, and it’s dermatologist tested and approved. This liner is so easy to use to line under brow hairs, drawing straight lines from inner brow to arch, and easily creates brow like strokes to fill in eyebrows as needed. It comes in three colors to match all brow hair colors: Light (Blonde to light brown and strawberry blonde hair), Medium (Medium to dark brown and auburn red hair) and Dark (Dark brown to black hair). I also like to use eyeshadow as brow powder over the precision brow liner occasionally to add highlights and depth to the brows especially for photo taking and special events.
15. Use Eyebrow Gel: After you’ve carefully filled in your brows and created the perfect shape, it’s essential to set them into place, shape and tame existing brows while filling in and thickening sparse areas.— especially if you have oily skin or will be out in the hot sun. Using an eyebrow gel will drastically lengthen the amount of time your eyebrow color stays in place.
What I use and recommend: Younique Precision Brow Gel
What makes this Precision brow gel better than the brow gels I’ve tried and used over the past 10 years?
First its a nourishing fiber gel, formulated with Younique’s patented Uplift Eye Serum (see blog post 2014 Younique fall product launches for info), it shapes and tames existing brows, while filling in and thickening area’s of brow hair as needed. It’s also truly one of kind, it’s volumizing fiber gel, also has micro fibers to fill in sparse areas of hair, and the colored gel not only adheres to your brow hair, but also to your skin while keeping brows in place. Best of all it’s water resistant and buildable. You can also use this brow gel alone without any liner for a more natural look. The Precision brow gel also comes in the same colors as the Precision Brow liner: Light (Blonde to light brown and strawberry blonde hair), Medium (Medium to dark brown and auburn red hair) and Dark (Dark brown to black hair) making it easy to use for any brow color.
The Younique Precision Brow liner and Precision Brow gel are two of the newest Fall 2015 New Products in Younique, Please see my next upcoming blog “Younique Fall 2015 New Products Launch” to learn more about all the new exciting products we now have added to our Younique cosmetics and skincare line!
If you have any questions about any of these products, or questions about eyebrows feel free to leave a comment or email me at email@example.com, or if you’d like to learn more on product ingredients, details and how to use any of the Younique products we sell, Feel free to go to my personal younique website and take a look around, as always there are no obligations to purchase any products:
Deja MT Hauanio – The Mascara Fairy